This was the second such incident in the last one week. Shubham Balu Ingole, a Standard X student of a local school, was playing with his friend during recess when he entered a narrow lane. “He came in contact with the wire fence on a 4-ft high compound wall of Jawalkar Paradise housing society and died of electrocution,” senior inspector Kiran Balwadkar from the Uttamnagar police said.
Ingole’s body was sent to Sassoon General Hospital for autopsy.
Cops suspect electric wire came in touch with fence
The hospital has preserved the viscera and reserved its opinion on the cause of the death because the boy had vomited at the time of electrocution, the officer said.
“We have sent a letter to the electrical inspector of the industries, energy and labour department, requesting him to give his opinion on how the wire fence came in contact with an electric current. We will take a call on who was responsible for this negligence after receiving the report,” Balwadkar said.
“Information relating to the electrocution has been shared with the talathi and tehsildar of Shivane to ensure that the boy’s family gets the compensation”, he said.
Sub-inspector Shubhangi Pawar said, “Preliminary inquiry suggests that the electric wire from the housing society came in contact with the wire fence. The society officer bearers claimed to be clueless about the electric wire.”
Ingole is survived by his parents and elder brother. A complaint relating to accidental death has been lodged.
On June 24, a 30-year-old painter died of electrocution after he came in contact with a wire fence of Bramha housing society in Kondhwa.